Friday, June 25, 2010

Pulled Beef Sandwich

Ok, perhaps the name is a little on the lame side. I'll think of something fitting of this sandwich.
For those Argentine readers, the recipe is basically and estofado that I pulled and served on a roll with an onion and Parmesan on top.
For those of you not so lucky to understand that last sentence, here's the breakdown:
Meat Sauce
First I seared a roast. Then in a crock pot, I put in 1 can stewed tomatoes, 3 cans (small) tomato sauce, 2 bay leaves, some salt, 2 chicken bullion cubes, and 2 whole onions. That's it.
I let it cook all day on high and pulled the meat using 2 forks about an hour before eating.
I served it on a toasted bacci roll with half an onion and Parmesan cheese on top. It was amazing!
A perk - there's enough left over that I can add a little more tomato sauce and maybe some basil to it and serve it over ravioli tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment