I've never gone to Whole Foods to buy this salad. If I go to Whole Check, it's usually for a fun treat, not vegetables. Seriously.
However, I found this pin on Pinterest and fell in love with this salad. Give it a try! You'll be hooked!
A shout out to Oh She Glows blog for the recipe I modified from.
- 1 head broccoli, stems removed
- 1/2 head cauliflower, stems removed
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup craisins (or raisins)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (or cilantro)
- 4-6 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T chia
- 1-2 T Agave or honey, to drizzle on before serving
1. In a food processor (or chop by hand) process the broccoli (no stems) until fine. Add into large bowl.
2. Now process the cauliflower (no stems) until fine and add into bowl. Do the same with the carrots.
3. Stir in the sunflower seeds, craisins, and herbs. Add lemon juice and seasonings to taste.
4. Drizzle with Agave to taste.
This last batch I also added green onions. Seriously, people. Try this salad.