Friday, June 24, 2011

Hey, Mikey!

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on regarding healthy food, how our modern lifestyle is detrimental to our health, disastrous farming practices, the vile garbage we call fast food, etc.
Whoever said "Knowledge is power" didn't like Whoppers.
Because I now refuse to take my kids to McDonalds, much to their chagrin, I've been trying to make acceptable (to them) substitutions for "kid foods" at home. Thus today's idea.
Yummy Veggie Nuggets
I usually slice my eggplant and end up with those end pieces that I don't even know what to do with. Today, I cut those end pieces up in little nugget-sized chunks. Egg wash, salt, bread crumbs, pan fried, and a side of ketchup. My 4 year old ate a plateful before thinking to ask what they were.
Since I used leftover bits of eggplant, I'm guessing about 10 - 20 cents a plate of these nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment