Sunday, September 16, 2012

Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip Turkey

I recently had a horrible craving for that yummy spinach-artichoke dip. Since I'm on a pretty strict diet, I had to wait til my "free food day" to make it.  Of course I ended up forgetting. It worked out great, though, because I used the ingredients to make something pretty spectacular in my crock pot.

Spinach Artichoke Dip Turkey
1 pack Cream Cheese (any type)
1 box frozen Creamed Spinach
1 small bottle Artichoke hearts
1 lb ground Turkey (I used 99/1, but I don't think fat content matters)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

That's it!I threw it all in the crock pot, stirred it every 45-60 minutes, and it produced this:

We served it over rice, but it could easily be made into a sandwich, crostini topping, pita filling, even pizza topping. It was THAT good.
As for calories, I figured those out, too. Not too shabby, as I used mostly lean items. 400 for the whole dish. Price was good, too, since I found the frozen spinach on sale and the artichoke hearts, too.

2 comments: