Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bob's Red Mill Cookies

I'm such a fan of Bob's Red Mill products. The problem is that it's pretty spendy. Recently, to my surprise, I discovered that Big Lots buys Bob's and sells it for half price of what it sells for in the grocery stores!
I bought the Organic Whole Grain High Fiber Hot Cereal to try out for healthy breakfasts, when I found this recipe on the side. Today we made them to take to a party and they are divine!
Here's the recipe with my tweaks.

1/4 cup Softened Butter
1/2 cup Evaporated Can Juice Sugar (I used slightly less)
1/3 cup Milk (any)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 to 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1 scoop Protein Powder (any)
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips (optional, not in original recipe)

Preheat oven to 350. Beat together butter and sugar til well blended. Add milk and vanilla and mix til smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cereal, coconut, baking powder, and salt. Pour dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Scoop by the tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet and pat down slightly.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

DISCLAIMER: These cookies aren't low calorie, but they are high fiber and high protein. Also, they're great for people like me who have a wheat sensitivity, but they AREN'T fat free or gluten free.

Enjoy! 
Angenette

1 comment:

  1. Dain also makes a high protein bar thing but I know he doesn't have a recipe. It's whatever is available. He makes them in the winter to take skiing. They're high fiber, protein, and calories, I'm sure. But they do the job and they're yummy.

    What is Evaporated Can Juice Sugar?

    ReplyDelete