Friday, December 24, 2010

Tradition!

I love food-based traditions. Especially the ones that involve yummy food, like eating lamb on Easter, candy on Halloween, and massive amounts of steak on my birthday. My favorite, though, is Christmas Eve.
There's nothing I dislike about Christmas Eve: the music, the lights, the anticipation, the smells, but most of all the FOOD.
Our traditions 24th menu isn't extravagant, but to me it equals Christmas. We don't eat turkey, like is so common.
Instead, we eat roast chicken, Russian potato salad, empanadas (if I'm feeling ambitious), and for dessert, flan. Not only are these nostalgia-inducing foods delicious, but they are extremely affordable.
What is your traditional Christmas meal? Not the cookies and such, but the food -- if it were up to you -- you'd make every Christmas because it just isn't Christmas without it?

No comments:

Post a Comment