Friday, December 31, 2010

It's My Birthday and I'll Eat if I Want To...

When is the one time of the year that I don't feel too guilty about sticking to our food budget? When going to Marzano on Garfield St in Tacoma is fine, even though the price could feed our whole family for almost a week?
On my BIRTHDAY!

So, here's to my favorite restaurant, my favorite husband, and finding a babysitter on Dec 31 who not only didn't charge us but brought me flowers for my birthday (Gracias, Paula!).
P.S. You're probably dying to know what we ate. Ok, I'll share.

I had a salad with greens, prawns, shaved fennel, slivered almonds, sectioned grapefruit, and pomegranate dressing. And yes, it was as amazing as it sounds. All sorts of flavors and textures married in my mouth to produce a more-than-pleasant lunch. Dan ate Linguini Aurora, which had speck (a smoked prosciutto), porcini mushroom, and tomatoes in a heavy cream sauce over linguini.

2 comments:

  1. "speck"? How do you know these things? Sounds like a fabulous dinner. Happy birthday kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, Dan's sounds good .... I should learn to like veggies. I hear they're good for you.

    ReplyDelete